— Dan Sanchez at Anti War Blog. Give Up Your Domestic Empire or Live Under It
— Gordon White at Rune Soup. Fate of Empires: Archonology (Part 8)
Tom Englehardt at Tom Dispatch. An Exceptional Decline for the Exceptional Country?
The Empire as Basket Case
— Marcy Wheeler at Emptywheel. Taking Kaplan’s Defense of Empire on Its Face
— Andrew Bacevich in Washington Post. Are Manning and Snowden patriots? That depends on what we do next.
— Christopher Yates in The Guardian. The whistleblower’s mad moral courage
This is why we pathologise those like Bradley Manning: I saw the ugliness of war, but the ‘sane’ thing was to keep my head down
— John Michael Greer at The Archdruid Report. Reinventing America
— Greg Palast at Vice. HUGO CHAVEZ AND THE GLOBAL POVERTY CONSPIRACY
— Pepe Escobar at Asia Times. The illusory state of the Empire
— Andrew J. Bacevich in The American Conservative. How We Became Israel
Peace means dominion for Netanyahu—and now for us.
- “Most Americans say, if asked, that inequality is too high and something should be done about it — there is overwhelming support for higher minimum...”
- “More violence is not going to rectify the damage. Indeed, it will make it worse. But violence is all we know. Violence is the habitual response by...”
1. Trauma permanently changes us.
This is the big, scary truth about trauma: there is no such thing as “getting over it.” The five stages of grief...”
A brief anecdote. One night a queer friend of mine told me ” If I saw me in a bar, I would SO pick me up.” I remember thinking….if I saw me in a bar...
- “When images of the death, destruction and desperation inflicted on Palestinian citizens of Gaza were broadcast in July and August of 2014, people all...”
- “There’s a reason we refer to “leaps of faith” - because the decision to consent to any notion of divinity is a mighty jump from the rational over to...”